Match Preview – 13:30 Kick-Off at The Liberty Stadium, Swansea
With just 1 win from their last 8 games, to the casual observer it looks as though Swansea City are careering towards Premier League relegation without putting up much of a struggle. In truth, their recent performances probably warranted a greater haul of points than they actually got – in 3 of their 6 defeats on this run they have lost by just 1 goal.
Stoke City’s 3-1 win over Hull City last weekend was their first win in 6. The Potters have a nasty habit of finishing seasons weakly, and 2016/17 looks like being a similar story for Mark Hughes’ men. Stoke City have kept just 1 clean sheet in their last 6 outings and have won just 3 games away from the Britannia all season.
In the reverse fixture between the 2 back in late October, Stoke City managed a comprehensive 3-1 over Swansea City. A Wilfried Bony double either side of an Alfie Mawson own goal helped the Potters to an impressive win that day. Read our match prediction and Swansea City vs Stoke City betting tips below.
Swansea City’s recent results:
- Apr 15th 2017 Watford 1:0 Swansea City - Premier League
- Apr 8th 2017 West Ham 1:0 Swansea City - Premier League
- Apr 5th 2017 Swansea City 1:3 Tottenham - Premier League
- Apr 2nd 2017 Swansea City 0:0 Middlesbrough - Premier League
Stoke City’s recent results:
- Apr 15th 2017 Stoke City 3:1 Hull City - Premier League
- Apr 8th 2017 Stoke City 1:2 Liverpool - Premier League
- Apr 4th 2017 Burnley 1:0 Stoke City - Premier League
- Apr 1st 2017 Leicester City 2:0 Stoke City - Premier League
- Swansea City odds 23/10
- Stoke City odds 12/5
- Draw 11/5
- (Odds taken from Ladbrokes)
Swansea City vs Stoke City PredictionsAt this stage at the season, it’s often the team who “needs” something the most who triumphs. In
Saturday’s forthcoming fixture, Swansea City are the side with everything to play for and everything to lose. Stoke City have been going through the motions a bit and you get the feeling that they won’t really fancy matching Swansea’s effort at the Liberty Stadium this weekend. I’m predicting a home win and 3 massive points for Paul Clement’s team.
Ladbrokes odds of 23/10 for Swansea City to win the game outright are worth considering as are their odds of 4/5 for both teams to score. You can put those combinations together at odds of 7/2 with the same bookmaker.
- Swansea City to win 23/10 Ladbrokes
- Both teams to score 4/5 Ladbrokes
- (both selections combined 7/2 Ladbrokes)