Match Preview – 15:00 Kick-Off at the Vitality Stadium, Bournemouth
Bournemouth have won just twice in 2017 – that’s a run of only 2 wins in 15. Luckily for the Cherries, their more positive first half of the season has cancelled out their poor finish and saved them from any real relegation worries. Bournemouth have only kept 2 Premier League clean sheets in 2017, a statistic that will have Eddie Howe contemplating a major defensive shakeup over the summer.
Alongside Sunderland, Middlesbrough look certain to be relegated and the Teesiders look like they are heading back to the Championship with a whimper. Boro haven’t won in 8 games and they are the Premier League’s lowest scorers with just 23 goals in 32 games. Defensively they have actually conceded 1 less than both Arsenal and Liverpool this season, but if you don’t score goals you can’t win games.
In the reverse fixture between the sides Middlesbrough beat Bournemouth 2-0 to record 1 of their 4 Premier League victories this season. Goals either side of half time from Gaston Ramirez and Stuart Downing were enough for the home team to triumph. Read our detailed Bournemouth vs Middlesbrough betting tips below.
Bournemouth’s recent results:
- Apr 15th 2017 Tottenham 4:0 Bournemouth - Premier League
- Apr 8th 2017 Bournemouth 1:3 Chelsea - Premier League
- Apr 5th 2017 Liverpool 2:2 Bournemouth - Premier League
- Apr 1st 2017 Southampton 0:0 Bournemouth - Premier League
Middlesbrough’s recent results:
- Apr 17th 2017 Middlesbrough 1:2 Arsenal - Premier League
- Apr 8th 2017 Middlesbrough 0:0 Burnley - Premier League
- Apr 5th 2017 Hull City 4:2 Middlesbrough - Premier League
- Apr 2nd 2017 Swansea City 0:0 Middlesbrough - Premier League
- Bournemouth odds 17/20
- Middlesbrough odds 3/1
- Draw 13/5
- (Odds taken from Bet365)
Bournemouth vs Middlesbrough Predictions
Middlesbrough are in an irreversible slide – their form has been horrific and they show no signs of putting up any kind of fight in their battle against the drop. Bournemouth know that 1 more win this season will pretty confirm their Premier League status and I expect them to get it against a hapless Middlesbrough side on Saturday. Middlesbrough have only won once away from The Riverside this season and I don’t expect that rancid record to change this weekend.
Neither of these teams are overly prolific, so Bet365’s offer of Bournemouth to win and under 2.5 goals to be scored at odds of 10/3 look a solid bet. If you want to err on the side of caution then the same bookies have odds of 9/10 for there to be under 2.5 goals.
- Bournemouth to win/under 2.5 goals 10/3 Bet365
- Under 2.5 goals 9/10 Bet365