US Senior Open 2017: Preview, News & History
Senior golf has five major championships over the course of the calendar year with the US Senior Open one among them. The tournament is regarded as a major by the European Seniors Tour and PGA Tour Champions. The US Senior Open 2017 will represent the 38th campaign of the competition, and it is popular in this form since it started out as the senior PGA Tour back in 1980.
A pursue of $4 million makes the 2017 US Open Golf tournament as the richest of the money events in this year. This high pursue also makes it possible for the event to attract some of the finest golfers in the world.
The US Open 2017 for the seniors has been dominated by Miller Barber, who managed to win three titles in the early 1980s. Allen Doyle is amongst the recent winners after having won the title twice during the mid-2000s. Only a handful of players have managed to win the U.S. Senior Open and the U.S. Open.
US Open Winer 2016
Two years after losing in a 3-hole aggregate play-off to Montgomerie, Gene Sauers managed a final-round 69 to edge Billy Mayfair and Miguel Angel Jimenez at Oak Tree National by a stroke to win the US Senior Open at Scioto Country Club in Ohio.
Last year, the final round couldn't be completed due to heavy rain until Monday. It was Gene Sauers' 1st victory in the 50-and-over circuit.
US Senior Open 2017 Preview
The 2017 Golf Open for the seniors will be taking place at the Salem country club in Peabody, Massachusetts between June 29 and July 2. Gene Sauers will be coming into the events as the defending champion after having won last year’s title by a one stroke winning margin over Miguel Angel Jimenez and Billy Mayfair. The U.S. Open winner 2016 only had a share from pursue of $3.7 million. The increase of pursue to $4 million only marks the third increase since 2011. The US PGA 2017 for the seniors once again places a significant amount of restrictions in terms of entry.
Schedule of Play
- June 29th (1st Round, 18 holes, stroke play)
- June 30th (2nd Round, 18 holes, stroke play)
- July 1st (3rd Round, 18 holes, stroke play)
- July 2nd (4th Round, 18 holes, stroke play)
Only players over the age of 50 will be granted entry, while another key attribute should be the presence of a major Championship winner’s medal from the last 10 years. Such entry requirements mean that the competition for US Open Golf 2017 is high.
Where to Watch Golf Open 2017 (TV Coverage)
- June 29th (1st Round: Bonus Coverage): 10 am-Noon (@ usga.org)
- June 29th (1st Round): 2-7 pm (@ FS1)
- June 29th (1st Round: Featured Group): 2-7 pm (@ usga.org)
- June 30th (2nd Round: Bonus Coverage): 10 am-Noon (@ usga.org)
- June 30th (2nd Round): 2-7 pm (@ FS1)
- June 30th (2nd Round: Featured Group): 2-7 pm (@ usga.org)
- July 1st (3rd Round: Featured Group): 1-6 pm (@ usga.org)
- July 1st (3rd Round): 1-6 pm (@ Fox)
- July 2nd (4th Round: Featured Group): 1-6 pm (@ usga.org)
- July 2nd (4th Round): 1-6 pm (@ Fox)
Stay tuned for more updates on US Senior Open 2017 at OddsDigger.com!