Match Preview – 14:15 Kick-Off at Turf Moor, Burnley
If the Premier League table was based on home form alone then Burnley would be pushing for a Champions League place. Unfortunately for them they are the worst team in England’s top flight away from home – they are the only side yet to win away this season. Sean Dyche’s team aren’t in any immediate danger of relegation, but with 1 win from their last 11 games, their form since January has nonetheless been diabolical.
Manchester United secured their passage to the Europa League Semi Finals on Thursday night, but they needed extra time to beat RSC Anderlecht. That energy sapping extra 30 minutes will leave United’s players shattered and it will be interesting to see just how tired they are at Sunday’s Premier League clash with Burnley. Injuries to Zlatan Ibrahimovic and in-form defender Marcos Rojo will be of great concern to Jose Mourinho.
In the reverse Premier League fixture between the sides at the end of October, Burnley keeper Tom Heaton was in inspired form as The Clarets nicked a point from a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford. Burnley have only kept 2 clean sheets from their last 11 however, and they have only scored 8 goals during that period themselves. Read our prediction and Burnley vs Manchester United betting tips below.
Burnley’s recent results:
- Apr 15th 2017 Everton 3:1 Burnley - Premier League
- Apr 8th 2017 Middlesbrough 0:0 Burnley - Premier League
- Apr 4th 2017 Burnley 1:0 Stoke City - Premier League
- Apr 1st 2017 Burnley 0:2 Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League
Manchester United’s recent results:
- Apr 20th 2017 Manchester United 2:1 RSC Anderlecht - Europa League
- Apr 16th 2017 Manchester United 2:0 Chelsea - Premier League
- Apr 13th 2017 RSC Anderlecht 1:1 Manchester United - Europa League
- Apr 9th 2017 Sunderland 0:3 Manchester United - Premier League
- Burnley odds 19/4
- Manchester United odds 4/6
- Draw 3/1
- (Odds taken from Bet365)
Burnley vs Manchester United Predictions
One of the biggest factors to consider before Sunday’s Premier League clash is the effect Thursday’s extra time Europa League fixture has on the Manchester United player’s energy levels. Jose Mourinho is sure to ring the changes in an attempt to keep things as fresh as possible, but United’s squad is already threading bare due to injuries. Burnley’s home form has been sensational this season, but more recently they have won just once in 4 there. I’m going to go for a narrow away win.
Bet365 have odds of 12/5 for Manchester United to win and under 2.5 goals scored in the game which looks an offer worth taking. With Zlatan Ibrahimovic injured, Marcus Rashford looks set to lead the line again for United. The teenager is in great form having scored 3 in his last 4. He is 8/5 to score anytime with Bet365.
- Manchester United to win/under 2.5 goals 12/5 Bet365
- Marcus Rashford to score anytime 8/5 Bet365